- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before your class (10 for first visit)
- Practice a positive attitude. Always be kind and respectful of others AND yourself, you are incredible!
- Respect your body, abilities, as well as the bodies and abilities of others.
- Respect the equipment, the space, and the learning process.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any type will not be tolerated.
- No cell phone conversations are allowed in the training studio.
- If you have an emergency call/text, please take it to the lobby area.
Safety is Paramount
No one at Agora Arts may engage in any activity that jeopardizes their own safety or the safety of others. Safety rules must be followed by everyone in the studio space (students and non-students). Failure to act in an appropriate and safe manner may result in being asked to leave the studio.
- ALL participants (or their parents/guardians if under 18) must sign a Waiver/Release and Policies Form.
- Please inform your instructor, before class, of any physical ailments or injuries (current or past) that could affect your participation in class activities.
- ONLY currently registered students are allowed in the class area. Parents/guardians must stay in the viewing area.
- Absolutely NO student-to-student coaching, skill sharing, or self-instruction via the internet will be permitted in classes or open studios.
- NO fighting/horseplay/distracting/degrading comments of any kind.
- Mats can increase safety but do not eliminate risk of injury. Use common sense and do not attempt anything you have not been granted permission for in classes, shows, or open studios.
- Be aware of your surroundings!
- Watch for mats, equipments and other students while moving through the studio.
- NO JUMPING OFF THE APPARATUSES! Exercise caution when getting on and off mats and equipment.
- Always follow your instructor’s guidance and the class syllabus you are presented with.
- If you are injured in the studio, you must notify the instructor immediately.
- NO glass or glass bottles of any kind in the studio. Please keep all water bottles and personal items off the studio flooring.
- Notify instructor if you need to leave class early.
Agora Arts instructors have the right and responsibility to assess circumstances and request that a student not participate in a specific activity for their safety and the safety of the instructor and other participants. You will be asked not to participate and may be asked to leave the premises due to alcohol or drug use, sleep deprivation, injury, illness and any other activity that hampers your ability to participate safely and responsibly in the class.
Proper attire is required for each class, and may change depending on the activity.
- Do not apply any lotions or oils prior to your class. This can cause a safety hazard for you and other students. No one likes a slippery apparatus or acrobatic partner.
- Bare feet are appropriate for most of our classes. If your class requires shoes, please bring clean shoes to change into. Please do not wear street shoes on our floors/mats in the main gym or activity rooms.
- We highly recommend form fitting leggings or flexible training pants. For aerial classes, clothing must cover down to the back of your knees and torso. Shirts must be long enough to tuck in and should cover your armpits. We recommend a leotard or unitard for the additional protection, as they provide against friction burns. Always bring a form fitting sleeved shirt to protect your under arms for certain movements.
- Males may prefer a dance belt for safety and comfort in aerial arts classes.
- No crop tops, shorts without tights/pants under them, skirts, and any metal, zippers, studs, or long hood ties are not allowed. Sequins and other snaggable materials are not allowed on fabric apparatuses.
- Long hair should be secured back in a ponytail.
- All jewelry must be removed before class (stud earrings ok). Piercings must be removed or covered with tape to avoid snagging.
A Note about Scents: In consideration for all students, please refrain from wearing strong smelling body sprays, keep good hygiene, and please neutralize natural body odors with deodorant.
Warm Ups and Tardiness
Warm ups are necessary for all students to help prevent injury and prepare you for movements you’ll be covering in class. For safety reasons, participants who arrive late to class must do a mandatory cardio (5 minutes minimum) and mobility floor warm-up before participating. Students more than 15 minutes late to class will be asked not to participate but may observe/take notes for the duration of class.
Participants on medication that may affect coordination skills should not attend classes. Please advise instructor of any medication or if you are feeling ill in class or have been ill recently.
- Due to the level of person to person contact in circus arts and sharing of apparatuses, please help avoid spreading illness by not coming to class when exhibiting symptoms of contagious illness, being told by a doctor you are contagious, and by washing hands often (before and after class is recommended).
- Report any injury or unusual pain/discomfort to instructor immediately
- Please notify instructors or management of any learning disabilities or special needs that may affect participation.
Respect the Studio…..
- Students are NOT permitted on the studio floor or on any apparatuses without instructor approval.
- NO food, drinks or chewing gum in class areas (except plastic water bottles) No Glass allowed!
- Please clean up after yourself. Do not leave your trash in the studio, lockers, or cubbies.
- NO SMOKING anywhere in the studio or near the entrance doors.
- Drug and Alcohol use are strictly prohibited.
Make up Policies
Aerial Series classes students are allowed 1 make up per series. Make ups can be done by attending a . . .
- New Student or Beyond Beginner classes
- In an Open Studio
- The same series if there is space available in class.
To schedule a make up lesson email email@example.com. Three or more absences in a series it is detrimental to the continuity of the class. Students with three or more absences will be moved to a class with a more appropriate skill level, or be re-evaluated before the next series.
- We don’t offer make up lessons for youth classes. Please check your schedule before signing in your child for classes.
- Agora Arts does not offer refunds, extensions, or packages freezes. Any exceptions to this are the sole discretion of Agora Arts management.
- Refunds are made to student’s in house credit to be applied to future classes in case or health and injury related withdrawals. To withdraw because of injury or illness, notify our office as soon as you are able via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agora Arts will not provide refunds or credits for workshops or private classes with guest instructors. NO EXCEPTIONS.
If we must cancel classes/workshops due to weather or other extreme circumstances, we will notify students via Email or FB.. All classes canceled by the studio will be fully credited to your account.
Photo and Video Policies
Agora Arts staff and guest instructors reserve the right to decide and enforce photo/video permissions in their class/workshop.
- You may only utilize photo/video recording under the conditions that it will not inhibit the safety or effectiveness of the class running and will not violate safety and privacy of others.
- Do not ask your instructor to video/photograph you during class,.
- Do not photograph, video record, or include in the background, any other students (whether on or off an apparatus) without their explicit permission.
- Photos and videos are for your personal training purposes only and may not be posted/shared online or in any other format without the instructor’s written permission.
Parents, guardians, family and guests
Photos and video of your child, relative, or friend taken from the observation area are for personal use only. Flash photography is not permitted at performances.
Professional videography/photography at a performance will required Agora Arts management permission. Please contact email@example.com at least three days in advance.
Agora Arts welcomes and encourages children to use Agora Arts resources and services, and attend programs and classes. Staff members are available to help and support children; however, Agora Arts is not able to provide short- or long-term child care, or be responsible for unattended children. Unattended children are children of any age who are unaccompanied by a parent, guardian, and/or responsible caregiver. Children who are unable or unwilling to care for themselves may not be left alone at Agora Arts and must have adequate supervision while in Agora’s spaces. Agora Arts is not responsible if children leave the property unattended.
Parents, guardians, and/or caregivers are responsible for the safety, behavior, and supervision of children at all times at Agora Arts and on Agora Arts property. Children are expected to respect property and adhere to Agora Arts rules, including, but not limited to keeping spaces quiet and neat, and only entering classes in which they are currently enrolled student.
Agora Arts staff will attempt to contact a parent, guardian, and/or caregiver in circumstances such as the following:
- An unattended child is engaging in behavior that is disruptive to other users, staff, or the normal operations of business
- An unattended child is involved in a situation that is potentially harmful to the health or safety of the child and/or others
- An unattended child is left alone at Agora Arts
Agora Arts, LLC is NOT responsible for lost or stolen property in or around our premises, including the studio floor, the observation area, or your vehicle. We strongly recommend that you do not bring valuables (wedding rings, laptops, tablets, phones, ect.) onto our premises. We accept no responsibility for articles left behind. Agora Arts personnel are not allowed to accept responsibility for personal articles.